Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bailey has a thought

So mom is thinking she might impart some knowledge to me and my sis about stuff she learns at work. Really, I'd prefer to just sleep when she gets home but if she wants to talk to me, who am I to deny her? She's my mom, I'll do what she says. And I guess I do like when she talks to me, especially if she rubs my belly at the same time. So mom, here's what I propose- you can tell me all your knowledge as long as you rub my belly while you do so. Deal?


First thing's first. Why do people who buy pure bred dogs look down upon people that don't? I guess this isn't a general rule, but those pure bred people certainly do wince when you say your dog is some sort of mix. I've seen it. Pure bred is synomous with inbred in my opinion. Its very sad if you think about it, all the poor, homeless dogs and puppies out there that need a good family and people spend money at pet stores or backyard breeders for a "pure" puppy because they don't think they'll have problems. I'm glad mommy didn't think that way; I was dropped off at a shelter by someone who didn't want me when I was very young. I was a poor, scared, unwanted doggie when mommy saved me. That's a story for another time, but if she hadn't rescued me, she wouldn't have gotten the greatest dog in the world. Just because we're rescue dogs, doesn't mean we're broken!

The other side of my soap box is a story my mom likes to tell. It's her 'favorite' when someone spends hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a "designer" mutt. "Oh, that's a cute dog, is she a labradoodle?" "No it's a GOLDENdoodle." They are so offended, like there is a difference or something. Call it what you want, you're goldendoodle is just as much of a mutt as I am. And probably more hyper and has more medical problems than I do as well. Hope you plan on investing another couple thou into that dog for training and vet bills! Humans are silly, silly creatures.


I like being a mutt. My mom had my DNA tested because I was listed on my vet records as a pitt-mix. She liked that I was a pitt mix because I broke all preconceived notions of what a pittbull dog is. I am so calm, laid back, and nice but I look like a pitty! People were baffled. But she realized that it might be hard to go to daycares or get insurance if I was listed that way and I look like so many different breeds, she wanted to list me as something else. So she stuck cotton swabs in my mouth (yuck) and sent them in. They only send back the top 5 percentage breeds you are. After she got the results mom insists I'm a "Heinz-57" whatever that means other than she didn't think they listed all the breeds in me. But she laughs whenn she talks about the results because my largest percentage DNA is that of a Bichon Frise. Aren't those fluffily white dogs that are the size of my pinky toe? Why yes, yes they are. So now mom likes to call me her Bichon mix. Haha!


Bichon Frise. We're twins, right?

I guess my next highest percent was Bulldog and Rottweiler, which, as far as looks go, are little more appropriate (I think I am now listed as an American Bulldog mix). I think the bulldog DNA makes me "big boned" as momma says (or "fat" if your name is Mia). Grandma says I have the "nanny" temperament of the Rotty and Mom says my noggin' looks like one. The only Rotty I met was General from the dog park in Georgia. I was too timid to play with him at the time (he was really big) but he seemed to be a real cool guy. Momma liked him a lot, he loved to get people attention.


Lastly, I have some Bull Terrior (which Mom thinks is pitt bull terrier, they just don't put that on the certificate) and Chow. That must be my spotted tongue and soft fur, the Chow part. Mom insists I have Boxer in me but it's just not in my 5 top DNA percents.

Whatever my breeds, I still get good food, lots of affection, and I get to sleep in momma's bed while she's on the computer so cheers for me. But, shhhhh! Don't tell grandma about the bed!


Well, for being so many "dangerous" breeds in one dog, I certainly am the most submissive, patient dog ever, according to Mom. She always tells me I'm her favorite and the most beautifulest dog ever but we have to keep it a secret from Mia. The girl is already an attention hound, don't want to add jealously to her list of neuroses.

Bailey
I am so cute when I smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment